younger women are particularly vulnerable to eating disoders like anorexia nervosa, a serious, often chronic and life threatening condition. although the term of anorexia literally means loss of appetite, people with anorexia nervosa actually ignore hunger and deliberately control their desire to not eat. constant obsessive dieting may result severe anorexia and suffers may be at risk of death from starvation.
should someone you know exhibit the following warning signs, contact a doctor knowlegable about eating disorder immediately.
- preocupation with food
- distorted with body image, thingking they are fat!even they are acctually bone-thin!
- intense fear of gaining weight
- refuse to eat
- deliberate self starvation
- denial of hunger
- obsessive of exercise
- lost of scalp hair
- brittle nails and hairs
- constant complaining of feeling cold
(due to low body temperature)
- a fine layer of hair on face and body
- irregular or absent periods.